Thursday, January 19, 2017

New Makeup Finds



Hello all! I recently went shopping for makeup for the first time in forever! I love finding new makeup and love branching out in what I use, and I love seeing what others use, so I'd share/review the new additions to my makeup collection!
Anastia Beverly Hills - Modern Renaissance Eye Shadow Palette (here)
If I'm being honest, I wasn't planning on picking this up when I went to Sephora, I was leaning towards the Too Faced Peach Palette, or just picking up some pots. But wow, the pictures I have seen everywhere of this palette don't do it justice. Hell, this picture doesn't do it justice. The warm tones are absolutely gorgeous here. This palette is so versatile and gorgeous, I love playing with all the colors. This is the first Anastia Beverly Hills product I've bought (I'm broke, sorry) and to say the least,  I was blown away and would 10/10 buy from them again. While it is a bit pricey, if you are looking for a warm shaded palette this is the one for you!
Kat Von D Everlasting Lip - Lolita (here)
OOOOOH BOI! This Liquid Lip!! It is SO good. I am one of those people who loves lipsticks, and how they look like on people, but when it comes to me, feels like I look like trash in most lip colors. I love nude, brown, and pinks a lot, but feel like I can't pull them off with my skin tone. (I'm half-African, and half-Caucasian, and I'm in this weird middle stage, and I love my skin but I feel like lip colors look weird on me) This lip color is gorgeous, and works for a lot of skin tones. I am completely in love, it's so gorgeous.
Smashbox Studio Skin Foundation (here)
So, I have been wearing NARS Sheer Glow Foundation for the past 4 years or so, but I found it just wasn't doing the job as well as I would like that. And so I scoured the internet (I watched my usual beauty guru's and they brought it up) and I decided to check it out. There's quite a variety of shades, (although lacking towards darker skin tones) and the foundation feels great on my skin. I haven't worn it enough to know if it makes me break out, but it feels super nice on your skin! It definitely lasts the time, and I think it will be implemented in my daily makeup routine!
Stila Heaven's Hue Highlighter - Kitten (here)
Ok, so similarly to the Modern Renaissance Palette I wasn't planning on picking this up because I didn't really need a new highlighter, I had just gotten one. But wow, this highlighter by Stila is so gorgeous. I love the color and it is SO soft and smooth I died! Honestly, I never realized how great it is to have a smooth highlighter until I got this. It's so gorgeous, and the pigmentation is great, it goes onto skin super well too. I completely recommend this highlighter.
Jeffree Star Velour Liquid Lipstick - Redrum (here)
Jeffree Star Velour Liquid Lipstick - Rose Matter (here)
Jeffree Star Velour Liquid Lipstick - Chrysanthemum (here)
Ok, so I actually recieved these as a gift for Christmas, and I've never tried out Jeffree Star cosmetics but, I really like these! (Also it's kind of funny how I have both Kat Von D and Jeffree Star in a post together - but I love both of their products so whatever) They are absolutely wonderful! They smell super good, and go one super sleek. I love the feel, and they don't dry my lips out too much which is awesome. The pigmentation is great, and I love the first two colors, and the last color is gorgeous too, I just don't know how I feel about it on my skin tone. These liquid lipsticks are pretty affordable, and I would reccomend these or colorpop to try out for your first time using liquid lipsticks.
Jeffree Star Skin Frost - Peach Goddess (here)
Along with the liquid lipsticks, I also recieved this highlighter as a gift, and wow it's gorgeous. First, of all it's pretty big so you're getting your bang for your buck, and the color is gorgeous. You don't need to put too much on because it comes on pretty pigmented. It gives you a nice peachy glow, and it's super gorgeous. The packaging is super cute too, and I love the star logo in the highlighter. 
Tarte Maracuja Creaseless Concealer (here)
I've used this in my daily makeup for quite awhile now, but it's so good I felt the need to talk about it since I was getting a new one. This covers up all of your spots and uglies, and doesn't crease like the title. It's an honest to God miracle, and a staple in my makeup routine. You need very little to put it on to get full coverage, and I am an avid user of it. If you are looking for a new concealer right now, I 10/10 would recommend checking this out.
Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray (here)
So, I got the travel sized version of this because I wanted to try it out completely. I have heard so many great reviews (and memes) about it, so I figured I would try it out for the sake of it. I use the NYX Matte Finish, but I decided to give this a shot, to see how it holds on for how much I'm paying for it. (I didn't pay a huge amount I'm just poor and bitter) It works very well, and I'm pleasantly surprised, it works a lot better then the NYX spray, and I would recommend using it!

Thanks for reading! Do you have any new makeup favorites? Let me know!
Hope your dreams are lavender scented~
Addis
Instagram - @addismeansnew

No comments:

Post a Comment