Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Coloring Books and Bath Bombs - Your Best De-Stresser

Let's be real, we're all stressed at one point at another and could use all the help we can get de-stressing. And I'm here to tell you two things that will change your life from stressful to stress free. If you have not heard of the adult coloring book and bath  phenonmon then you, my friend are missing out, for various reasons. Not only are baths and coloring books both super relaxing, fun, and pretty freaking gorgeous, they are also awesome for your mental health.



Coloring books are the most relaxing thing I have ever experienced, and as a tiny highschool girl I need all the help I can get de-stressing. (Can't wait until I have to face the real world and real problems!!) I bring a coloring book practically ever - school, a coffee shop, any trips I go on. They are so versatile and gorgeous, and if you are ever taking a little break or have some time free in your day, I highly recommend coloring. There's something so satisfying about coloring, and how it gets you in this zone, where nothing matters besides coloring the certain subject. I love getting lost in the beautiful designs. Besides that, coloring books are great for your mental health.  Coloring (Mandala's specifically) have been proven to reduce stress levels. Coloring allows our mind to shut off and focus on the one thing in front of them, and in my opinion that's super important. We are constantly bombarded with stimuli and in society today, there is always a new task right in front of us. I think coloring books are key in escaping all of that for a bit, and just calming down. This is an Alice in Wonderland coloring book I got in Japantown, and you can find it here.


Baths are amazing - if you do them right. I'm not talking about soaking in water and your own grime - I'm talking a bath bomb or some bath salts (don't do anything weird with them though - just have them use their purpose) adding some flowers. Baths are great for winding down and relaxing. I like to add a book, and some calming music in the mix too. The great things about baths now, is that you have so many ways to make them fit you. Lush is known for their bath bombs, and they have so many different ones, whether you want a floral, softer bath or a fruity colorful bath - they have the one for you. You can also make your own bath bombs pretty easily, or just pour some bath salts or bubble bath and add some flowers. The bath bombs pictured here are the Lush Intergalactic Bath Bomb (here) and the Experimenter Bath Bomb (here) I recommend both!
Hope you all enjoyed this blog post, let me know if you want more posts like this!
Hope your dreams are lavender scented
Addis
Instagram - @addismeansnew



No comments:

Post a Comment