Saturday, February 4, 2017

January Favorites 2017

January is over and the month of lurrvvv is here! Happy February, and happy Black History Month too! January just flew by and I enjoyed so many things I thought I would share some of my favorites with you!
Boots - here
Ok, these boots- these boots are MY LIFE. I want to die in these, give birth in these, I want to get married in these. (Ok, maybe not) These boots are super cute, and I love them. I love the embroidered designs, and how they go around the back. They are gorgeous and super comfortable despite being heeled. They have a wide fit which I usually don't like but these boots are an exception.
Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance
I have used this palette non-stop this month, I am a lover of warm tones so this palette was compltetly down my alley.  I usually go for shimmery colors on my eyes and if I'm being honest mattes kinda scare me. However, since this palette is primarily mattes with some shimmers I obviously had to branch out, and I must say I am in love with mattes now. The colors in this palatte are so pigmented and gotgeous, I have been loving them, and everyone has been asking what I'm using on my eyes because they're so gorgeous. 
Choker - here
I've had this choker for awhile now, but I haven't really worn it as much until recently. It's super thick and the velvet has these slight red undertones which I adore. I find that this choker pulls any outfit together in a chic way. It goes with a lot of my black clothing (AKA most of my wardrobe) and gives them that nice 90's touch.
Hat - here
When I saw this hat I fell in love, lieutenant hats have been super trendy right now too. I love the faux suede and the color is absolutely gorgeous. It ads a cute girly touch to an outfit and I love it sooo much. I don't have that much to say because I feel like the hat speaks for itself!
Glasses - here
Aviators are super in right now, and I am all about them. I have 20/20 vision so I don't need real glasses, but that doesn't  matter because I have these glasses! They are super cute and slightly oversized to give that nerdy look that I tend to like. Also these glasses are sunglasses and protect my eyes from UV rays. I get annoyed with sunglasses a lot because I'm not a fan of the tint a lot so these are amazing in my opinion. 
EOS Lip Balm - here
Lets be real, if you are using any liquid lipstick you need a bomb lip balm. Even if they aren't super drying, they dry your lips out a little bit. This lip balm has been my go to and it is so portable. You can just slip this in your pocket and go out the door with it.The scent is subtle and gorgeous too which is awesome.  Also the circular packaging is super nice and stores so much product. 
Sheer Top - here
Sheer is super in right now and I have been living for it. I have been living in this glitter sheer top from Brandy Melville. It goes with so much and is honestly gorgeous. If you are looking for a sheer top this is definitely one I would recommend it. It;s super fun and sexy but also classy and mature depending on how you wear it.
Little Mix - Glory Days - Buy here
I'm pretty sure I'm kind of late on this train but this album is amazing. I love the musical growth that Little Mix has gone through with this album a lot. I loved Get Weird so I was kind of worried that this album would disappoint me but it didn't. The album has a lot of variety and I would say there's something for everyone on it! My personal favorites off the album are Oops, Touch, Beep Beep and Freak.
Seohyun - Don't Say No - Buy here
If you haven't listened to this album you are missing out!! I was genuinely surprised for this album. This is by Korean girl groups Girls Generation, Seohyun's solo debut and it was very well done. The music is pretty mature and alluring in my opinion, and I fell in love with the album. My personal favorites are Magic, Bad Love and Love and Affection.
Hidden Figures
This movie is amazing. 10/10 would recommend  for sure, I love it so much. The plot line is amazing, and the acting makes it even better. I loved it so much and I recommend everyone should watch it. I think that in a tine where race and women are being suppressed under our new president movies like these are really important and empowering for us. Everything in this movie was great and a beautiful tribute to the African American women working under NASA.
Theodd1sout - Watch here
In January I stumbled upon a Youtube channel called TheOdd1sOut, and boy did I laugh hard. The animation and James storied are awesome and I found myself watching all of his videos. He makes comics too (as seen above) and is super talented. If your looking for a laugh I would definitely check his channel out. 

Hope you all enjoyed this post! Let me know what you loved this month!
Hope your dreams are Lavender Scented~
Addis 
Instagram - @addismeansnew

No comments:

Post a Comment